Friday, February 01, 2008

Wiki mania

I watched the little video called "Wiki's in Plain English" and it was really helpful. I never really understood what an actual "wiki" was - only that it was part of Wikipedia. I love the idea of a team contributing to a working document and helping it keep up to date. I guess you do have to control who has access to the wiki, so no just anyone can add stuff. Is that how Wikipedia is? Can anyone
add to the encyclopedia?

So, I also went to see a few library wiki and I really liked the Iowa Reader's Advisory IRead Wiki. Booklists get outdated so fast and it's great to keep those lists active. This tool is going to be a great advance in our services!

Three cheers for wiki's!

1 comments:

Pollywog said...

Video clips and slideshows?!?! P-P-P-LEASE show me how I can be cool like you! Please!!!!