Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thingamabrarian

I already have been a happy patron of Library Thing, since last month, and have uploaded 200 books into my "bookshelf". I'm still debating whether or not to pay for a membership so I can upload the rest of my collection. Anyway - I think this is a great resource. I like how it shows the Library of Congress call number. I like how you can change the book covers. I like how you can tag the books, and I need to start doing it.

I like what Cade Metz said in his review about Libary Thing, "Yes, LibraryThing has much the same appeal as Gen Y sites like MySpace and FaceBook. In letting you post your book collection for all the world to see, it's a means of connecting with other people—and a way of feeding your vanity. If you're not into books, you may not see it that way, but trust me, book lovers are very vain when it comes to their books." Here here!

I'm anxious to utilize the neat features of this website - thanks for giving me an excuse!

0 comments: