Monday, February 11, 2008

Delicious Tagging

I haven't really had much experience with tagging, but I have seen tags on blogs or whatnot. So, I was eager to learn more about it. I again loved the "Plain English" explanation about social bookmarking. (http://www.commoncraft.com/bookmarking-plain-english) I love how you can collect your favorite sites and "tag" them with your own personal tags. and it keeps them organized. THEN you can access your bookmarks on any computer. AND, you can share your favorite bookmarks with others. That is really useful, innovative and just darn cool. I'm anxious to start one of these Del.icio.us accounts for myself.


I observed the library's Del.icio.us bookmarks, and looked up those who also bookmarks those sites. It was interesting what comments or notes they made about the sites - some elaborate describing sentences and some just had a few words to detail the site. Some were even in another language!

This tool would be really useful in the library setting, whether you were using one library account or sharing bookmarks through a social network. With the Internet being so extensive and varied, it's easier to have some valued sites at your fingertips to quickly access - and they are organized with those nifty tags to speed up the search. I bet it's important to keep consistent with the tag names. I'm anxious to start using this tagging feature!

0 comments: