Monday, March 10, 2008

On the hunt for most excellent RSS feeds

Explore some of the search tools which can help you locate news feeds.

Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
While searching for library-related blogs - I found I preferred Google's Reader the best. I liked how it would give me recommended blogs - similar to what I already have and I could also do keyword searches for other blogs.

Which search tool was the most effective? Which was most confusing?
Like I already said, I thought Google Reader was the most helpful and user-friendly. The other sites(Topix and Technorati) were a bit busy - filled with adds and news breaking information. The Syndic8 was the most confusing - and I found most of the sites they listed were "Awaiting Repair". Not too helpful.

What kind of unuseful or unusual feeds did you find?
I found load of unuseful sites - but I did find some fun unusual sites. For example:
Passive Aggressive Notes
The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks
CNN's ridiculous headlines

Which other tools or methods did you find to locate feeds?
Um, word of mouth or recommendations from other sites - that's about it

0 comments: