Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Final Countdown

Library 2.0 has been really enjoyable and I always looked forward to opportunities to work on it. It was also fun to see my co-worker's perspectives on their blogs. Speaking of blogs, it's been fun writing my thoughts and knowing that someone was reading it. I enjoyed experimenting with tagging and RSS feeds and now check my Google Reader daily for new updates. I really had fun with the online image generators and map makers. Must time was wasted on those activities. I especially enjoyed LibraryThing and have been using tagging skills and everything! Dabbling with different search engines was interesting, but reconfirmed my preference for Google. I'm starting to appreciate podcasts more and will continue to listen to the ones I found. I really like the "incentives" - Thanks! All in all, this was am invigorating program and I'm kind of sad that it's ending! But, now I have these newly learned tools at my fingertips, so I can use them at my leisure!

I feel like the Library 2.0 covered a vast range of topics and applications - I don't even know what else they could have added! But, in a practical application the library could use some of these tools successfully for their patrons. Tagging would be really neat in the catalog and hosting our own podcasts would be really informative. We could podcast the children's story times as well as book-talks! The world is at our fingertips - we just need to reach out to it.

0 comments: